Section 1 Overview
Titanium composite material is a new type of metal material with high cost performance. There are many processing methods of titanium laminated composite materials. Explosive welding, explosive welding and rolling and extrusion are often used in industry. The first two methods should be used in the production of composite plates, and the latter method is mainly used in the production of composite bars and composite pipes.
Section 2 Conventional Compound Methods
1. Explosive welding and explosive welding and rolling
With the rapid development of explosive welding technology of titanium composite materials, it can not only produce titanium steel, but also realize the production of a series of double-layer and multi-layer titanium 23: titanium alloy composite materials, such as titanium - copper, titanium - nickel, titanium - steel - titanium, titanium - steel - stainless steel, titanium - niobium - stainless steel, titanium - copper - aluminum - stainless steel. At present, the T-area of the composite wood can reach 25m2 through the explosion compound method, and the explosion and rolling compound method can reach 35m2, and the thickness of the M layer ranges from 1.2 to 12mm.
2. Extrusion method
Extruded laminated metal composites can be divided into two categories: cladding materials and special laminated M composites, and cladding materials can be divided into solid cladding materials and bimetallic pipes.
(1) Extruded solid cladding material. The most common are various shapes of titanium and copper composite bars (titanium copper), which are characterized by excellent electrical conductivity, endurance and high strength.
(2) Extruded bimetal pipe. Before extrusion, the two hollow billets are assembled into a compound: a combined billet, and then extruded. The cross-section shape of titanium/steel composite pipe is round, square and drum. Shape, oblate, rectangle, etc. The diameter of the outer circle: 4~80mm, the thickness of the cladding is not less in 0.8mm, and the length is not more than 6M. The composite pipe has good process performance, and can realize further plastic processing such as expanding pipe, bending pipe and shrinking neck.
Production method of titanium steel clad plate by hot rolling
1,One of the methods of producing titanium steel clad plates is hot rolling, including the formation of an iron base material and a titanium cladding material, the coating has at least one cladding surface edge plate assembly, and requires the cladding material of the base material and up to 30 g/m2 of Mo or V. It is heated at the melting point temperature, oxidized between 50 ° C and 1,050 ° C to reduce the titanium oxide, and then hot rolled.
2, The oxide that needs to be added is MoO3.
3, Heating temperature between 845 degrees Celsius and 1050 degrees Celsius.
4, Need to add oxide V2O5.
5, The heating temperature ranges from 740 ℃ to 1050 ℃.
This technology is actually a process of producing titanium steel composite plates from titanium by hot rolling, which has good cladding properties and is very economical to produce.
In the production process of stainless steel clad plate, hot rolling process is more popular, and suitable for mass production. However, it is not suitable for the production of titanium steel clad plate. This is because titanium is very reactive, at high temperatures, with air, and other metals may react, so the properties of titanium make it necessary for cladding in hot rolling. Good encapsulation is hard to achieve.
Therefore, in the production of titanium steel clad plates by hot rolling, other materials need to be added between the titanium and the base material to prevent the formation of compounds at the titanium and iron boundary. And these materials are preferably metallic, so that the titanium and iron problems can be solved.
Study on the properties of titanium, aluminum and steel explosive composite plates
Aluminum is widely used in the shipbuilding industry because of its low density, high specific strength, good plasticity and toughness, good thermal and electrical conductivity, and strong corrosion resistance. Steel has high strength and good ductility. Composites composed of them have both physical and chemical characteristics, and have good comprehensive properties. It is a new structural material with a wide range of uses.
Due to the poor weldability of aluminum and aluminum alloy to steel, intermetallic compounds will inevitably be produced by fusion welding, which will reduce the interface properties. Although the performance of pressure welding is better, it needs special equipment and strict process. Explosive welding, as a special new processing technology, provides a possibility for the realization of aluminum/steel welding. Explosive welding is a kind of metal welding technology which takes explosives as energy. Its characteristic is to give full play to and utilize the physical and mechanical properties of component materials, as well as other special uses to give full play to the advantages, so as to meet the needs of different occasions.
In this paper, a kind of explosive welded aluminum or titanium or steel composite plate for ship is introduced, which is studied from the aspects of ultrasonic inspection, mechanical property inspection and metallographic inspection to meet the demand of ship.
Explosive welding is a special welding technology with explosive as energy source. In engineering application, parallel installation method and Angle installation method are often used to carry out explosive welding. This paper adopts parallel installation method of explosive welding.
The explosive welding method of Marine aluminum/titanium/steel composite plate was adopted. After adding pure aluminum 1060 and titanium plate TA1 into the transition layer, the bonding quality of composite plate was good, and the bonding rate of the final product reached 100%. The shear strength of aluminum and titanium interface is higher than 85MPa, exceeding the requirement of the index, other mechanical properties also completely meet the requirement of the index. The titanium and steel interface presents regular sinusoidal waveform, and the plastic deformation is obvious, and there are intermetallic compounds in the vortex. The aluminum/titanium interface is relatively straight, the wavelength is larger, the wave amplitude is smaller, the degree of plastic deformation is weak, and there is no obvious formation of intermetallic compounds.
Titanium plastic composite panels are mainly used in roof and curtain wall systems of high-grade buildings and other places where the strength and corrosion resistance of the panels are highly required. Titanium is a precious metal.
Types and characteristics of titanium composite panels used in construction
Titanium zinc composite panels is zinc alloy titanium plate do panel, 3003 h26 (H24) aluminum plate back, high pressure low density polyethylene (LDPE) as the core material, compounded by the heat of a new type of high-grade aluminum building materials, it combines the characteristics of titanium zinc plate (metal texture, surface repair function, long service life, good plasticity, etc.) and compound plate is flat and level, the advantage of high flexural performance at an organic whole, is the model of combination of classical art and modern technology. At the beginning of use, it is a natural new blue-gray from a distance, while up close, it shows the simple texture of natural metal. With the passage of time, the surface of the titanium zinc plate exposed to the atmosphere will gradually form a layer of dense and hard zinc carbonate anticorrosion layer, to prevent further corrosion of the plate surface, even if there are scratches and defects also completely disappeared in the process of evolution. It is an ideal decorative material for those buildings that need to create a strong sense of nature. It is especially suitable for the environment with strong natural and historical atmosphere, and can add unique charm to modern architecture and classical architecture. Good strength and rigidity can withstand strong winds and other harsh climate environment. Good plasticity, easy to process and install, conducive to three-dimensional modeling, can adapt to the varied layout requirements, can fully show the architect's personality, to meet their rich creative imagination and inspiration requirements.
Standard Specification: Thickness: 4mm; 5 mm; 6 mm; Width: 1000mm; 1240mm; (thickness of titanium plate ≥0.3mm) 630mm(thickness of titanium plate < 0.3mm) length: 2000mm; 2440 mm; 3000 mm; 6000mm
Titanium plastic composite board features:
(1) Strong corrosion resistance, no matter in industrial areas, heavily polluted urban areas, rural areas, or coastal areas. After several years, the titanium color surface does not change color.
(2) Good mechanical properties. The tensile strength of industrial pure titanium is higher than that of ordinary carbon structural steel.
(3) It has good resistance to epidemic strain and creep.
(4) There is no magnetization effect, and the resistivity and thermal conductivity of industrial pure titanium are similar to those of stainless steel.
(5) industrial pure titanium is a self-preservation metal, surface scratches can heal automatically.
(6) Industrial pure titanium is used to compound in the annealing state, good processability (similar to stainless steel).
(7) The density of industrial pure titanium is 4.5x103kg /m3, which is 1.7 times that of aluminum and 60% that of steel. Good plasticity, elongation is more than30%.
(8) the surface can be diversified treatment, such as hair treatment, mirror treatment or taper treatment, can also be processed into red, black, white and other colors.
Titanium-zinc composite plate features:
(1) long service life. Ti-Zn alloy panel surface can naturally form a dense oxide layer (zinc carbonate), to prevent further corrosion, can be used in the environment of poor atmospheric conditions.
(2) The panel does not need coating or other anticorrosive treatment, with metallic texture.
(3) The panel has the function of self-repair, which will heal automatically after scratches without leaving any trace.
(4) large rigidity, not easy to bend deformation.
(5) the surface is smooth and the decorative effect is good.
(6) It has the function of sound insulation, heat insulation and energy saving.
(7) In addition to the metal color of the panel, it can also be pretreated into blue gray, black gray, copper-green, etc.
(8) Easy processing and forming. It can be processed and formed in the factory, and can also be installed while processing on the construction site, which can shorten the construction period.
(9) Good environmental coordination. Low reflectivity, will not cause light pollution. And it can be 100% recycled.